Saturday, November 6, 2010

Kitchen Project - Before

Our first stop is our kitchen which is in need of a real update. As you know N and I are newlyweds and are on a budget so everything we do has to be within reason. My ultimate goal for all my projects is to reuse everything to it's full potential.  The plan for this kitchen remodel is to make it happier and brighter. I love using color and creating some drama, I want the kitchen to be a fun place to make dinner (not that I cook very well anyways.) My plan for the kitchen is to paint the walls bright lime green and repaint all the cabinetry in white. The reason I chose white was because all our appliances are white... so I wanted that connection through out. The only thing we need to replace right away is the old dishwashing machine (which in the next few pictures you can see we did!)
My inspirations for this area were some cute barn animal coffee mugs I bought... they kinda inspire me towards a country chic way... also the idea of a bowl of limes. I love limes. 

Below is my starting point:




Old dishwasher is ready to go!

YAY!!! Look how nice the new white and quieter dishwasher looks!



This particular piece of "furniture" actually came from an old KFC (also left by the previous owners)


I am ready to begin this project....

0 comments:

Post a Comment