Sunday, November 7, 2010

Dining Room Project - Wall Art




The room is so bright I needed to figure out how to tone it down with wall art. I decided to go thrift store shopping for some vintage looking frames that had a lot of texture. I figured I could fill them with some cool diy art. N came up with an awesome idea of using silhouettes as the art. We had seen a cool decal of a chandelier at Target for the center piece.  Unfortunately all the other decals were lame, so I needed to figure where to buy some or how to make some. I started googling for ideas and found a forum that used contact paper to make art.. BINGO!

The making of our wall art:
You basically buy contact paper in the color of your choice (make sure it's the sticker kind)
Using an Exacto Knife just make sure you have a plan... and create!


0 comments:

Post a Comment